Vietnam Customs Regulations
Arriving in Vietnam, all visitors must fill in Declaration Forms and show their luggage to Customs Officials upon request. There are no limited amounts of foreign currency, objects made of gold, silver, precious metals and gemstones or plated with silver or gold but visitors must declare these in detail on the customs forms.
Tourists are authorized to bring in the following items duty-free:
For 18 years old and over:
• 400 cigarettes or 100 cigars or 50g of tobacco
• 1,5L of spirits or 2L of alcohol containing up to 22% volume of alcohol or 3L of beer (or similar light alcoholic beverages)
• 3Kg of coffee
• 5Kg of tea
• Non-commercial amount of gifts and unused items of up to the value of VND 5,000,000
• Items for personal use (clothing, toiletries etc.)
• Counterfeit items
• Cultural artifacts and other objects of cultural importance
• Explosive material
• Live animals – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy to obtain permission.
• Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES maybe be brought in only with CITES permission.