Shaped like an elongated S, Vietnam is a country filled with captivating natural beauty and tranquil village life. The blend of historical, cultural, political, and religious forces makes Vietnam one of today’s most enthralling places. Most travelers though, are more than content with the extraordinary physical beauty of the land and the energy and resilience of the people who live there.
Wherever you travel you can’t fail to be intrigued by this frenetic, fascinating country. The capital Hanoi is the focus for arts in Vietnam and has been since its foundation in the year 1010 while in Ho Chi Minh City business is king. Hue is steeped in imperial history, Hoi An the place to soak up the atmosphere and the largely undeveloped coastline is the place to kick back.
Whether as a source of relaxation, activity, contemplation, or history, Vietnam has moved into the forefront of world travel destinations. Its highlands and rainforest regions, far from being devastated, continue to yield new species and team with exotic wildlife. Its islands and beaches are among the finest in all of Southeast Asia.
Beyond nature, the curious and open-minded visitor will find in Vietnam a feast of culture and history.
Reasons to Visit Vietnam
1. It’s a new place. It’s not touristy like in Thailand and many places you go, people go stunned by your appearance.
2. It’s safe and friendly. The majority of people in Vietnam are farmers. Pure farmers. Many of them have never learnt of much apart from the village they were born in. Naturally, they’re almost all friendly safe to be around. Moreover, the communist government does a good job in ensuring securities all over the country. Nothing of a crime has happened to tourists anymore for the last decade.
3. Lots to see: A thin country stretching for thousands of Km from North to South. It has beautiful mountain with colorful hill tribes. It has highlands with their everlasting rudimentary traditions. It has beaches and many of those are considered best in the world but still, they’re not touristy. Sound cool enough?
4. It’s cheap. If you want to, then 1 dollar could buy you a basic lunch or dinner. Wandering around and you want to find somewhere to sit and drink? Mostly you don’t have to pay more than one dollar for it.
5. Is travel here convenient? Sure, many companies operate the open bus (good quality in general) and they run almost to every capital cities in the country. Moving around is very easy.
6. The food is Delicious!
7. The landscape is so diverse and beautiful. From sand dunes, to waterfalls; white sand beaches, to pine tree forests.
8. There is SO much to do! From the crazy carpeting down the sand dunes, walking along the warm water of the fairy stream, taking a cable car up Ta Ku Mountain, visiting Pagodas and charming little farming and fishing villages, kitesurfing on the ocean, and relaxing on the white sand beaches. And so much more!